Saturday, April 17, 2010

Make sense to Me

> > Since the Pledge of Allegiance & The Lords Prayer


> > Are not allowed in Schools anymore


> > Because the word 'God' is mentioned...


> > A Kid in Ohio wrote the attached...


> > NEW SCHOOL PRAYER :


> > Now I sit me down in school


> > Where praying is against the rule


> > For this great nation under God


> > Finds mention of Him very odd.


> > If Scripture now the class recites,


> > It violates the Bill of Rights.


> > And anytime my head I bow


> > Becomes a Federal matter now...


> > Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

> > That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.

> > The law is specific, the law is precise.


> > Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.


> > For praying in a public hall


> > Might offend someone with no faith at all.


> > In silence alone we must meditate,


> > God's name is prohibited by the state.


> > We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,


> > And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks..


> > They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.


> > To quote the Good Book makes me liable.


> > We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,


> > And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.


> > It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,


> > We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.


> > We can get our condoms and birth controls,


> > Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.


> > But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,


> > No word of God must reach this crowd.


> > It's scary here I must confess,


> > When chaos reigns the school's a mess.


> > So, Lord, this silent plea I make:


> > Should I be shot; My soul please take!


> > If you aren't ashamed to do this,


> > Please pass this on.


> > Jesus said, 'If you are ashamed of me,


> > I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'

No comments: