Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just So You Know

Let me take a minute and tell you why I am doing this. I am 64 years old in good health, retired with a family business that we started to teach the grandkids the importance of a good work ethic and show them that anyone can earn money - you just have to be willing to work and yes that means just what it says. You have to put in the time to earn the dime.

You have to get up, get out, and sweat. Generally the more you sweat the more you earn. Yes I know this is really simplified but understand what I am saying. Yes the kids could sit at home play games, watch TV and Mom and Dad ( the local federal government) would pretty much take care of them. Or they can get off their butts and find a way, with PAPA help, ( a local brance of the federal government in charge of job training and motivation) to make money and feel good about themselves. Does any of this ring a bell.

What kid of self esteme can anyone develop when someone sends them money each month for doing nothing. Well in some cases we encourage folks to have babies and then pay them so much per child to take care of them. Wake Up Americans. We have had 4-5 decades to bring people out of poverty what have we done... nothing made it worse. What we have done is open the gates and allowed millions of immigrats to enter our country and take on a wide range of job that need to be done. Please tell me that it is better for people to take handouts that work to earn the same amount of money.

The imigrants from South of the US have sure figured it out. The work hard, they dress well, drive good auto's and OH Yes they work long hours, 2 jobs, Mom works kids are well mannered. But you know what I am seeing slowly happen..... they are figuring it out ...heck the US will pay me not to work. They give me food stamps, medical coverage, feed my kids two meals a day in school. Heck why work this is a good deal. Wake UP Americans now we are spoiling the illegals who came here to work in the first place.

So now you know a bit more about me and my thinking. Heck I am not against helping folks who need help. But if a person is able to work they should work. I do not care what it is. But I do not believe it is a good policy to give anyone money who is able to work, how can that build character, how can that make you feel good. So me I am going to build character and I am going to ask my government to start doing the same. I know that goes against what the welfair party wants to do but just stop and think about it. Their plan started over 40 years ago and we have more folks on the welfair rolls today than ever. How is that a good plan. The goal should to work ones way off the plan. Does the word intitlement ring a bell, we have built an entire group of people who think that the government is there to bail them out. Shame on the demorcratic party.

Me I grew up on a farm, we raised about half of what we ate and sold the rest to have spending money. We worked 6 days a week for about 15 years then one day woke up and we found that all the hard work had paid off. I left the farm, worked for 35 years retired and then started up a company. All this because I was taught to work as a kid and still like working an more the fact that folks pay me to work and I can have what ever it is I am willing to work for.

So lets try and build this into our next 2-3 generations in all races. I for one am tired of sending my money to State and Federal governments to give to others who are sitting at home while we work. Enought already.

No comments: