Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What Goes Around Comes Around - So True

> WHAT GOES AROUND...COMES AROUND!...
>
> The man slowly looked up. This was a woman clearly accustomed to the
> finer things of life. Her coat was new. She looked like she had never
> missed a meal in her life. His first thought was that she wanted to make
> fun of him, like so many others had done before.
>
> "Leave me alone," he growled... To his amazement, the woman continued
> standing. She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling
> rows.
>
> "Are you hungry?" she asked.
> "No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the
> president.. Now go away."
>
> The woman's smile became even broader.
>
> Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm. "What are you doing,
> lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone.
>
> Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked..
>
> "No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get
> this man to his feet. Will you help me?"
>
> The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture
> around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"
>
> "See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him
> something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile."
>
> "Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in
> there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up.
>
> "Let me go, officer. I didn't d o anything.."
>
> "This is a good deal for you, Jack," the officer answered. "Don't blow
> it."
>
> Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got
> Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It
> was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had
> already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived.
>
> The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table. "What's
> going on here, officer?" he asked."What is all this, is this man in
> trouble?"
>
> "This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered.
>
> "Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that
> here is bad for business."
>
> Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if
> you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."
>
> The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled. "Sir, are you
> familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?"
>
> "Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their
> weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."
>
> "And do you make a goodly amount of money providing food at these weekly
> meetings?"
>
> "What business is that of yours?"
>
> I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."
>
> "Oh.."
>
> The woman smiled again.. "I thought that might make a difference."
>
> She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a laugh. "Would you like to
> join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"
>
> "No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty."
>
> "Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?"
>
> "Yes, ma'am. That would be very nice."
>
> The cafeteria manager turned on his heel. "I'll get your coffee for you
> right away, officer."
>
> The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his place,"
> he said.
>
> "That was not my intent... Believe it or not, I have a reason for all
> this."
>
> She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She
> stared at him intently.
>
> "Jack, do you remember me?"
>
> Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I
> mean you do look familiar."
>
> "I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more
> than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that
> very door, cold and hungry."
>
> "Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a
> magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.
>
> "I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city
> looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to
> my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment.. I walked the
> streets for days It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I
> saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get
> something to eat."
>
> Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said. "I was behind the
> serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for
> something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."
>
> "I know," the woman continued..... "Then you made me the biggest roast
> beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me
> to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would
> get into trouble.. Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of
> my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all
> right."
>
> "So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.
>
> "I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I
> started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered.." She
> opened her purse and pulled out a business card. "When you are finished
> here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons. He's the personnel
> director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll
> find something for you to do around the office."
>
> She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little
> advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until
> you get on your feet. If you ever need anything, my door is always open
> to you."
>
> There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he
> asked.
>
> "Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. He led me
> to you."
>
> Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance
> before going their separate ways.. "Thank you for your help officer,"
> she said.
>
> "On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle
> today, something that I will never forget, And thank you for the
> coffee."
>
> Have a Wonderful Day. May God Bless You always and don't forget that
> when you "cast your bread upon the waters," you never know how it will
> be returned to you. God is so big He can cover the whole world with his
> Love and so small He can curl up inside your heart.
>
> When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go.
>
> Only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or
> He'll teach you how to fly!
>
> The power of one sentence! God is going to shift things around for you
> today and let things work in your favor. If you believe, send it. If you
> don't believe, delete it.
>
> God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close..
>
> If you need God to open some doors for you....send this on.
>
> Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing...
>
> "The Task Ahead of Me is Never as Great as the Power Behind Me!!"

No comments: